Michelene Wandor’s dramatisation of George Eliot’s 19th-century classic, starring Michael Fitzgerald and Terry Molloy.
1. Boy and Girl
While Mr Tulliver plans a fine education for Tom, Maggie learns of a disaster concerning rabbits left in her care.
– The first of a five-part dramatisation of George Eliot ‘s most popular and widely-read novel, first published in 1860.
– Starring Michael Fitzgerald as Philip, Terry Molloy as Mr Tulliver, Richard Pearce as Tom, Hilary Martin as Young Maggie, Tina Gray as Mrs Tulliver and Joyce Gibbs as Mrs Glegg.
– Adapted by Michelene Wand.
– Directed at BBC Pebble Mill by Philip Martin.
– First broadcast on BBC Radio 4 in 1991.
2. Home and School
Maggie Tulliver has run away, but will a passion for litigation prove to be her father’s undoing? Stars Terry Molloy.
3. Home and Work
Mr Tulliver is offered an unlikely escape route from his troubles. Philip is enamoured of Maggie. Stars Sylvestra Le Touzel.
4. Loss and Love
Tom feels betrayed by Maggie, and tragedy is looming for the Tullivers. Stars Sylvestra Le Touzel and Michael Fitzgerald.
5. Loving and Losing
As Philip hatches a plan, Maggie Tulliver’s loyalties are sorely tested. With Sylvestra Le Touzel and Richard Pearce.