Review From User :
I have to admit, the hot cover was the first thing that drew me to the book. And was I glad that the content justified it. In spades.
It all started with her and his list of Mr/Ms Right.
1) A Mets fan,
2) loves books, art and poetry,
3) believes in monogamy,
4) wants children,
5) knows how to communicate with a woman,
6) loves animals,
7) has a morale code of ethics and believes in honesty,
8) a good lover
9) has a strong sense of family,
10) has $150,000 cash available.
1) a woman who does not love me
2) a woman I do not desire to sleep with
3) a woman who does not have a big family
4) a woman who does not have any animals
5) a woman who does not want any children
6) a woman who has an independent career
7) a woman who will view the relationship as a business venture
8) a woman who is not overly emotional or impulsive
9) a woman I can trust
Alexa and Nicholas were both in deep trouble and the only solution was to get married. To. Each. Other. The thing was these two were old acquaintances and they had always rubbed each other wrong. Their constant head-on collisions were hilarious as well as sexual at times.
I loved their banters too,
She narrowed her eyes. "I see you're the same overbearing bully who teased me about my chest size. Some things don't change."
"I guess you're right. Some things remain the same. Others keep expanding."
She smiled, "and other things remain small."
The story was like any other typical marriage-in-name-only, but JP delivered it with her own writing style which combines hot-and-heavy with witty as well as sweet. A fun and enjoyable read. Can't wait for the next book about Alexa's BFF.
A marriage in name only…
To save her family home, impulsive bookstore owner, Alexa Maria McKenzie, casts a love spell. But she never planned on conjuring up her best friend’s older brother – the powerful man who once shattered her heart.
Billionaire Nicholas Ryan doesn’t believe in marriage, but in order to inherit his father’s corporation, he needs a wife and needs one fast. When he discovers his sister’s childhood friend is in dire financial straits, he offers Alexa a bold proposition.
A marriage in name only with certain rules: avoid entanglement. Keep things all business. Do not fall in love. The arrangement is only for a year so the rules shouldn’t be that hard to follow, right?
Except fate has a way of upsetting the best-laid plans…